Designation: PhD Scholar
Power Electronics, St Joseph Engineering College, Mangalore (Visvesvaraya Technological University) 2012
Electrical and Electronics, Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore (Visvesvaraya Technological University) 2006
Electrical and Electronics, Nitte Rukmini Adyanthaya Memorial Polytechnic, Nitte (Board of Technical Education) 2003
I am a PhD Scholar in the department of Water Resource Development & Management at IIT Roorkee under the guidance of Prof. Dr. Thanga Raj Chelliah. I obtained M.Tech in Power Electronics from St Joseph Engineering College, Mangalore in 2012, B.E. in Electrical and Electronics engineering from Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore in 2006, and Diploma in Electrical and Electronics engineering in the year 2003 from Nitte Rukmini Adyanthaya Memorial Polytechnic, Nitte. Since 2012, I am working as an Assistant Professor in the department of Electrical & Electronics engineering, St. Joseph Engineering College, Mangalore. My areas of interests include power electronics, hydropower and renewable energy systems and biomedical instrumentation.
Project manager, Ambition Micro Labs, 4 Years
Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical and Electronics, St Joseph Engineering College, Mangalore,
Period: 2012 to till date
Power electronics, hydropower and renewable energy systems and biomedical instrumentation.
- Subramanya K, Mudhol A. An innovative device to predict acute hypotension episodes in critically ill patients: hypothesis and prototype development. Elsevier Medical Hypotheses 2012; 78(6): 822.
- Subramanya K, Bhat VV, Kamath S. A wearable device for monitoring galvanic skin response to accurately predict changes in blood pressure indexes and cardiovascular dynamics. Annual IEEE India Conference (INDICON) 2013;1-4.
- Subramanya K, Kamath S, Prasad H. Development of a wearable device for monitoring electrodermal activity and predicting changes in different blood pressure indexes. Transactions of Japanese Society for Medical and Biological Engineering 2013; 51: R-177.
- Subramanya K, Kanakabettu AKM. Design of a programmable flyback based FES system for restoring foot drop in stroke rehabilitation. Annual IEEE India Conference (INDICON) 2015;1-5.
- Subramanya K, Pinto APJ, Kanakabettu AKM, Arya BK, Mahadevappa M. Surface electrical stimulation technology for stroke rehabilitation: A review of 50 years of research. Journal of Medical Imaging and Health Informatics 2012, 2(1):1-14.
- Subramanya K, Kanakabettu AKM, Mahadevappa M. Functional electrical stimulation for stoke rehabilitation. Elsevier Medical Hypotheses 2012; 78(5): 687.
- Subramanya K, Kanakabettu AKM. Functional electrical stimulation for neuro rehabilitation: A new design paradigm. Nitte University Journal of Health Science 2012; 2(3):14-15.
- Arya BK, Subramanya K, Lenka PK, Mahadevappa M. A simple model for bedside evaluation of current for neuromuscular electrical stimulation in cerebral palsy. IEEE Point-of-Care Healthcare Technologies (PHT) 2013; 148-151.
- Arya BK, Mohapatra J, Subramanya K, Prasad H, Kumar R, Mahadevappa M. Surface EMG analysis and changes in gait following electrical stimulation of quadriceps femoris and tibialis anterior in children with spastic cerebral palsy. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2012;5726-5729.
- Arya BK, Subramanya K, Mahadevappa M. Kumar R. Electrical stimulation devices for cerebral palsy: design considerations, therapeutic effects and future directions. In book: Yu W, Chattopadhyay S, Lim T-C, Acharya R. (ed.), Advances in Therapeutic Engineering., Publisher: CRC Press. Taylor & Francis Group, 2013, pp.365-401.
Pastime activities include reading journal papers, Delivering motivational Talks, gardening, fitness training and others.