R. Raja Singh
- Ph. D (IITR)
- M. Tech (Anna University, Chennai)
- B. Tech (Pondicherry University)
Dr. R. Raja Singh (S’14, M’18) received B. Tech. in Electrical Engineering from Pondicherry University, India, M. E in Power Electronics and Drives from Anna University, India and Ph.D. in Electrical Drives from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee, India in 2004, 2008 and 2017 respectively. He has more than 9 years of teaching experience in India and Tanzania, as well as, 5 years of research experience at IIT Roorkee, India. At present, he is working as an Associate Professor in the department of Energy and Power Electronics, Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) Vellore, India. His research includes, multilevel power converters for large electrical drives, power quality control, starting transient and fault analysis on electrical drives. Also, he has developed various energy efficient control strategies for industrial drives. He has published more research papers in various journals and conferences of international repute.
Associate Professor | 1.10 Years | May 2017 to Till date
VIT Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India
Affiliated to University Grants Commission of India.
Research Scholar | 4.5 years | July 2012 – May 2017
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India
Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India.
Assistant Lecturer | 2 years | March 2010 to March 2012
St. Joseph College of Engineering and Technology, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Affiliated to University of Dar es Salaam.
Lecturer | 2 years | June 2008 to March 2010
The Rajaas Engineering College, Tirunelveli, India
Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai
Lecturer | 2 years | June 2004 to July 2006
PSN College of Engineering and Technology, Tirunelveli, India
Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai.
- R. R. Singh, R. Selvaraj, H. Mohan and T. R. Chelliah, “Dynamic Performance of Doubly Fed Hydroelectric Machines Under Voltage Unbalance—A Relative Electro thermomechanical Analysis,” in IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 4156-4166, Sept.-Oct. 2018. (Impact Factor: 2.743) doi: 10.1109/TIA.2018.2833798.
- R. Raja Singh, B. Anil Kumar, D. Shruthi, Ramraj Panda, C. Thanga Raj, “Review and experimental illustrations of electronic load controller used in standalone Micro-Hydro generating plants,” Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal, Volume 21, Issue 5, 2018, Pages 886-900, ISSN 2215-0986, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jestch.2018.07.006.
- R. Raja Singh, Thanga Raj Chelliah, “Enforcement of cost-effective energy conservation on single-fed asynchronous machine using a novel switching strategy,” Energy, Elsevier, Volume 126, 1 May 2017, Pages 179-191, ISSN 0360-5442, (Impact Factor: 4.968). http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.energy. 2017.03.003.
- R. Raja Singh, Thanga Raj Chelliah, Pramod Agarwal, “Power electronics in hydro electric energy systems – A review,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, Volume 32, April 2014, Pages 944-959, ISSN 1364-0321, (Impact Factor: 9.184) Cited in 52 research articles. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2014.01.041.
Laboratory course for Wind Energy Conversion Systems is (under developed) in the Department of Energy and Power Electronics with the following experiments, (Funded by VIT Vellore – 54 Lakhs)