Designation: Research Scholar
- B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering at Pondicherry Engineering College Puducherry (2004-08).
- M.Tech in Electrical Drives and Control at Pondicherry Engineering College Puducherry (2010-12).
- Analysis of Large Hydrogenerators Operating at Continuous Overloads at Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (Pursuing).
Carunaiselvane C. was born in Puducherry, India in 1986. He received the B.Tech degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and M.Tech degree in Electrical Drive and Control both from the Pondicherry Engineering College of Pondicherry University, in 2008 and 2012 respectively. Currently pursuing the Ph.D. degree in Electrical Drives from Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India.
From 2008 to 2010, he was an officer grade Electrical Engineer at Larsen and Toubro Pvt. Ltd. India. From 2012 to 2014, he has been an Assistant Professor with the Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department, Sri Manakula Vinayagar Engineering College, Pondicherry University, Puducherry, India. His research interests include Electrical machines, Power electronics, Machine design, Large hydro machine drives & controls and Renewable & Sustainable energy.
- Larsen & Toubro Pvt. Ltd. As Electrical Engineer (Officer Cadre) (2008-10).
- Sri Mankula Vinayagar Engineering College as Assistant Professor (2012-14).
- Electrical Machines
- Machine Design
- Power Electronics
- Renewable Energy System
International Peer Reviewed Journals
- Carunaiselvane, T. R. Chelliah and D. Khare, “Analysis on Thermal Behavior of Large Hydrogenerators Operating with Continuous Overloads,” in IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 1293-1305, March-April 2020.
- Carunaiselvane and Thanga Raj Chelliah, “Present trends and future prospects of asynchronous machines in renewable energy systems”, in Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Volume 74, 2017, Pages 1028-1041, ISSN 1364-0321.
- Carunaiselvane, Thanga Raj Chelliah and S.V. Appa Sarma “Simulation and Experimental Illustration of Vibration at Load Rejection in a Continuously Overloaded Large Hydrogenerator” in IET Renewable Power Generation, DOI: 10.1049/iet-rpg.2019.0847.
- Carunaiselvane, Thanga Raj Chelliah and S.V. Appa Sarma “Negative Sequence Current Capability of Large Rated Salient Pole Hydro Generators at Uprated Unbalanced Loads” in IET Electric Power Applications – (Under review).
- Carunaiselvane and S.Jeevananthan “Generalized Design Procedure of BLDC motor and Substantiation in MagNet 7.1.3 Software” International Conference on Computing, Electronics and Electrical Technologies (ICCEET), Kanyakumari, India, 21st and 22nd March 2012.
- Carunaiselvane, T. R. Chelliah and S.V. Appa Sarma “Vibration Analysis of a Continuously Overloaded Large Hydrogenerator at Load Rejection” in 20th International Seminar on Hydropower Plants, Vienna –Austria. pp 825-831, 14th – 16th November 2018.
- Carunaiselvane, T. R. Chelliah and D. Khare, “Temperature Distribution of 250 MW Hydro Turbine Synchronous Generator at Continuous Overloading Conditions,” 2018 IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems (PEDES), Chennai, India, 2018, pp. 1-6.
- Carunaiselvane, T. R. Chelliah and S. V. Appa Sarma, “Negative Sequence Current in Megawatt Hydro Generators at Uprated Unbalanced Loads,” 2018 IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems (PEDES), Chennai, India, 2018, pp. 1-6.
- Carunaiselvane and T. R. Chelliah, “Evaluation and Implementation of Incessant Uprated Operating Technology in Large Hydroturbine Generators,” 2020 IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Smart Grid and Renewable Energy (PESGRE2020), Cochin, India, 2020, pp. 1-6.
- Generated CSIR travel grant 2018 for attending International Conference.
- Worked as a consultancy to Karcham Wangtoo Hydro Power Plant on “Adequacy of Project Components for 20% overload operation”.
- GATE 2012 cleared.
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org