- M.Tech, (EDC) Pondicherry Engineering College, Pondicherry University, May 15, 8.88 CGPA (Distinction with First class)
- B.Tech, (EEE) Christ College of Engineering and Technology, Pondicherry University, May 13, 8.62 CGPA (Distinction with First class)
To work in a challenging position and utilize the skills and knowledge through my education with the opportunity for professional growth and adapt myself in different fields and contribute to the development of organization.
2 years 3 months as Junior Research Fellow in the project entitled “ Dynamic performance of Doubly-Fed Induction Machines under Grid Disturbances “ sponsored by THDC India Ltd.
Power electronics and Hydro-Electric system.
- Thanga Raj Chelliah, Anto Joseph, Karthik Desingu, R Rajasingh and Deepak Khare, “A System and Method for Energy Efficient Starting of Pump Turbine Equipped with Doubly Fed Induction Machine”, Indian Patent (201911019294)
- Karthik Desingu, R. Selvaraj and T. R. R. Chelliah, “Control of Reactive Power for Stabilized Junction Temperature in Power Electronic Devices Serving to a 250 MW Asynchronous Hydro-Generating Unit,” in IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications.
- Karthik Desingu, R. Selvaraj, T. R. Chelliah and D. Khare, “Effective Utilization of Parallel Connected Megawatt Three-Level Back-to-Back Power Converters in Variable Speed Pumped Storage Units,” in IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. doi: 10.1109/TIA.2019.2936365
- R. R. Semwal, R. Selvaraj, Karthik Desingu, T. R. Chelliah and A. Joseph, “Two-Stage Protection Circuit for Multi-Channeled Power Electronic Converter Fed Large Asynchronous Hydro-Generating Unit,” in IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications.
- doi: 10.1109/TIA.2019.2931873
- R. Selvaraj, K. Desingu, T. R. Chelliah, D. Khare and C. Bharatiraja, “Fault Tolerant Operation of Parallel-Connected 3L-Neutral-Point Clamped Back-to-Back Converters Serving to Large Hydro-Generating Units,” in IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 5429-5443, Sept.-Oct. 2018.
- Joseph, Karthik Desingu, R. R. Semwal, T. R. Chelliah and D. Khare, “Dynamic Performance of Pumping Mode of 250 MW Variable Speed Hydro-Generating Unit Subjected to Power and Control Circuit Faults,” in IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 430-441, March 2018.
- Karthik Desingu, R. Selvaraj, T. R. Chelliah, D. Khare and L.P. Joshi” Thermal Loading of Multi-Megawatt Medium-Voltage Power Converters Serving to Variable Speed Large Pumped Storage Units” IEEE PEDES, IIT Madras, Dec. 2018, pp 1-6.
- Karthik Desingu., S. Raghu, Thanga Raj Chelliah, D. Khare “Effective Utilization of Parallel Connected Megawatt Three-Level Back-to-Back Power Converters in Variable Speed Pumped Storage Units,” 53rd IEEE IAS Annual Meeting (USA), 23 – 27 September 2018, pp1-8.
- Karthik Desingu, T. R. Chelliah and D. Khare, “Investigation on the performance of a 277.8 MVA synchronous air-cooled hydrogenerator through loss models,” 2018 International Conference on Power, Instrumentation, Control and Computing (PICC), Thrissur, 2018, pp. 1-6.
- Karthik Desingu, T. R. Chelliah and D. Khare, “Sustainable operation of small hydropower schemes in changing climatic conditions,” 2017 IEEE PES Asia-Pacific Power and Energy Engineering Conference (APPEEC), Bangalore, 2017, pp. 1-6.
- Karthik Desingu and T. R. Chelliah, “Analysis of scalar and vector control based efficiency-optimized induction motors subjected to inverter and sensor faults,” 2016 International Conference on Advanced Communication Control and Computing Technologies (ICACCCT), Ramanathapuram, 2016, pp. 462-466.
- Received CSIR Travel Grant Award to attend 2018 IEEE – IAS Annual Meeting held at Portland, USA.
- Received project grant of $1000 from Design Innovation Centre, IIT Roorkee to design and implement quasi ᴦ-source μ-inverter for plug and play PV module in 2018-2019.
- Presented an article in the title of “Design Challenges on Redundancy in Power and Control Circuit of Large Variable Speed Hydro Generating Unit” in International R&D Conclave – Ministry of Power, India, February 2018.