Dr. K. K. Prabhakaran
Post Doctoral Fellow
- Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Power Electronics and Drives, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, India. July 2019
- Master of Engineering (M.E) in Power Electronics and Drives, First Class, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Anna university, Chennai, India. June 2013
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, First Class, Anna university, Chennai, India. May 2011
Prabhakaran K. K. received the Bachelor of Electrical Engineering degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Anna University, India in 2011, Master of Engineering degree in Power Electronics and Drives from Anna University, Chennai, India, in 2013 and Ph.D. degree in Power Electronics and Drives from the Department of Electrical Engineering, National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, India, 2019. His research interests include control of power converters, industrial drives and power electronics applications in renewable energy systems.
- Assistant Professor
27/06/2019 to 29/08/2019
Department of Mechatronics Engineering,
Manipal Institute of Technology,
Manipal, Karnataka, India.
- Senior Research Fellow,
24/01/2019 to 25/06/2019
Centre for System Design,
National Institute of Technology Karantaka,
Surathkal Mangalore, India.
Control of power converters, Industrial drives and Power electronics applications in renewable energy systems.
- K.K. Prabhakaran, A. Karthikeyan and F. Blaabjerg, “Laboratory implementation of electromagnetic torque based MRAS speed estimator for sensorless SMPMSM drive”, IET Electronics Letter, Vol. 55, No. 21, pp.1145-1147, 17/10/2019. doi-10.1049/el.2019.2229.
- A. Karthikeyan, Prabhakaran K K, C. Nagamani, “FPGA based direct torque control with speed loop Pseudo derivative controller for PMSM drive”, Accepted in Cluster Computing, springer, doi- 10.1007/s10586-018-1988-3.
- B Kavya Santhoshi, K Mohana sundaram, Sanjeevikumar Padmanaban, Jens Bo Holm Nielsen, Prabhakaran K K, “A Critical Review on PV Grid-Tied Inverters”, Energies, 12(10), 1921, 2019. https://doi.org/10.3390/en12101921.
- Manoj Kumar. N, C. Chellamuthu and Prabhakaran K K, “Simulation and Implementation of Diode Clamped Multilevel Inverter Fed Induction Motor”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research (IJAER), Vol. 9, No. 21, year. 2014, pp. 11433-11451.
- Karthikeyan A, Praneeth C V S, Prabhakaran K K, “PV fed hybrid power converter for rural home applications”, in proc. 10th IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics-ECCE Asia(ICPE 2019-ECCE Asia) to be held in Busan, Korea on May 27-30, 2019.
- Kshitiz Khatri, Karthikeyan A, Prabhakaran K K, “Sensorless speed and position estimation of PMSM using improved sliding mode observer and Phase Lock Loop based technique”, in proc.8th International Engineering Symposium (IES 2019) to be held in Kumamoto University, Japan on March 13-15, 2019.
- Karthikeyan A, Prabhakaran K K, Varsha S, Venkatesa Perumal B, S Mishra, “Single stage PV fed reduced inverter based PMSM for standalone water pumping application”, in proc. 8th IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems (PEDES 2018), IIT Madras, Chennai, India.
- Karthikeyan A, Varsha S, Prabhakaran K K, “Hybrid Control of Single-Phase to Three- Phase Reduced Switch Converter for PMSM Drive”, in proc. 15th IEEE India council International Conference (INDICON 2018), Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore, India.
- A. Karthikeyan, Prabhakaran K K, C. Nagamani, Abhilash Krishna D.G, “Standalone single stage PV fed reduced switch inverter based independent control of two PMSM drive”, in proc. 40th IEEE International Telecommunications Energy Conference (INTELEC 2018), Torino, Italy.
- A. Karthikeyan, Abhilash Krishna D.G, Suresh kurra, Prabhakaran K K, “Uncertainty and Disturbance Estimator Based Control for Transformerless DVR”, in proc. 40th IEEE International Telecommunications Energy Conference (INTELEC 2018), Torino, Italy.
- A. Karthikeyan, Prabhakaran K K, C. Nagamani, “Four quadrant operation of direct torque controlled PMSM drive using speed loop PDFF controller”, in proc. 5th IEEE International Conference on Power, Instrumentation, Control and Computing (PICC 2018), Thrissur, Kerala.
- A. Karthikeyan, Prabhakaran K K, C. Nagamani, “Stator flux based MRAS speed and stator resistance estimator for sensorless PMSM drive”, in proc. 14th IEEE India Council International Conference (INDICON 2017), IIT Roorkee.
- A. Karthikeyan, Prabhakaran K K, Venkatesa Perumal B, C. Nagamani, “Pseudo Derivative Feedback current controlled sensorless PMSM drive with Flux-Torque based MRAS estimator for low speed operation”, in proc. 8th IEEE International Symposium on Sensorless Control for Electrical Drives (SLED 2017), Catania, Italy.
- Prabhakaran K K, Karthikeyan A, Venkatesa Perumal B and Nagamani C, “Speed loop pseudo derivative feedback controller based direct torque controlled PMSM drive”, in proc. IEEE 7th Power India International Conference (PIICON 2016), Bikaner, Rajasthan.
- Prabhakaran K K, S. Shyam Kumar and N. Manoj Kumar, “Three level diode clamped inverter for field oriented control of induction motor”, in proc. IEEE International Conference on Computation of Power, Energy, Information and Communication (ICCPEIC), Chennai, 2013.
- J. Piragateesh, D. Anbumani, K. Mohanasundaram and Prabhakaran K K, “A comparison of PWM control and digital control strategy for asymmetric DC-AC cascaded H-bridge multilevel inverter with R and motor load”, in proc. IEEE International Conference on Circuits, Power and Computing Technologies (ICCPCT), Nagercoil, 2013.
- V. Venkatesh, Y. Sukhi, Prabhakaran K K, “Newly Constructed Simplified Single phase Multistring Multilevel Inverter topology for renewable energy sources”, in proc. International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (ICEECS-2013), Coimbatore, India.
- Mohana Krishnan S, Balaji S, Prabhakaran K K, “Modeling & analysis of simultaneous voltage sag/swell and reactive power compensation using UPQC”, in proc. International Conference on 4th International conference on Science, Engineering and Technology (SET)- 2012, Vellore Institute of Technology. Vellore, India.
- Prabhakaran K K and Nithish Thirmul, “Transformer coupled Multiport ZVS bi-directional dc-dc converter using Embedded controller” in proc. National Conference on Technological Advancements in power system and power electronics engineering-2012, Easwari Engineering College, Chennai.
- Prabhakaran K K, Balaji S and Krishna Kumar S, “DC-AC cascaded H-bridge multilevel inverter with no inductor”, in proc. National conference on Recent Advancements in Power and Control Engineering (RAPCE-2012), Chennai, India.
- A. Karthikeyan, K. K. Prabhakaran, B. Venkatesa Perumal “Method and Device for Sensorless PMSM drive” Indian patent application no. 201741000335 filed on 04/01/2017.
- A. Karthikeyan, B. Venkatesa Perumal, D. G. Abhilash Krishna, K. K. Prabhakaran “A dynamic voltage restoration system for weak ac grids and a method thereof” Indian patent application no. 201741009197 filed on 16/03/2017.
K. K. Prabhakaran and A. Karthikeyan, “Electromagnetic Torque-Based Model Reference Adaptive System Speed Estimator for Sensorless Surface Mount Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Drive,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 67, no. 7, pp. 5936-5947, July 2020, doi: 10.1109/TIE.2020.2965499.