firstname.lastname@example.org UC Irvine, USA
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) (2015-2018)
Master of Technology (M.Tech) (2009-2011)
Bachelor of Engineering (2004-2008)
Anto Joseph received the bachelor’s degree in electrical and electronics engineering from Anna University, Chennai, India, in 2008, the M.Tech. degree in power electronics and drives from Bharath University, Chennai, India, in 2011, and the Ph.D. degree from Hydropower Simulation Laboratory, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee, India, in July 2018.,From 2011 to 2014, he was with St. Joseph University in Tanzania, Tanzania, as a Lecturer. From August 2018 to November 2018, he was a Research Associate with Power Electronics Laboratory, Ajou University, Suwon, South Korea. He is currently a Postdoctoral Researcher with Power Electronics Laboratory, University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA, USA. His current research interests include control, fault diagnosis, and fault-tolerant operation of doubly fed asynchronous machines, and grid voltage control in distribution power systems.
University of California Irvine, United States of America
Period: December 2018 – Till Now
Designation: Post-Doctoral Fellow
Project Title: Voltage Security and Stability of Electricity Distribution System
Ajou University, South Korea
Period: July 2018 – November 2018 (5 months)
Designation: Visiting Researcher
Project Title: Fault Diagnosis and Fault Tolerant Control of Doubly Fed Induction Machine Drives
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India
Period: Dec 2014 – Nov 2017 (3 Years)
Designation: Senior Research Fellow
Project Title: Analysis of Dynamic Behavior of Variable Speed Pump Storage Units Under Grid Disturbances and Power Converter Faults (THDC India Ltd)
St. Joseph University in Tanzania, Tanzania
Period: June 2011 – Oct 2014 (3 Years, 4 months)
Designation: Senior Research Fellow
Responsibilities: Teaching & Research (Electrical machines & drives, Power electronics)
Power Electronics in Renewable Energy Systems; Voltage Regulation in distribution Power System; Electrical Machine and Drives.
1) A. Joseph, K. Smedley and S. Mehraeen, “Secure High DER Penetration Power
Distribution Via Autonomously Coordinated Volt/VAR Control,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. (Early Access)
2) A. Joseph, K. Desingu, R. R. Semwal, T. R. Chelliah and D. Khare, “Dynamic Performance of Pumping Mode of 250 MW Variable Speed Hydro-Generating Unit Subjected to Power and Control Circuit Faults,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 430-441, March 2018.
3) A. Joseph, R. Selvaraj, T. R. Chelliah and S. V. A. Sarma, “Starting and Braking of a Large Variable Speed Hydro-generating Unit Subjected to Converter and Sensor Faults,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 3372-3382, July-Aug. 2018.
4) A. Joseph and T. R. Chelliah, “A Review of Power Electronic Converters for Variable Speed Pumped Storage Plants: Configurations, Operational Challenges, and Future Scopes,” IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 103-119, March 2018.
5) A. Joseph, T. R. Chelliah and K. Lee, “Multi-channel VSI fed large variable speed asynchronous hydro-condenser: fault analysis, fault diagnosis and fault tolerant control,” IET Renewable Power Generation, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 438-450, 25 2 2019.
6) A. Joseph, T. R. Chelliah, R. Selvaraj and K. Lee, “Fault Diagnosis and Fault-Tolerant Control of Megawatt Power Electronic Converter-Fed Large Rated Asynchronous Hydro-Generator,” IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 2403-2416, Dec. 2019.
7) A. Joseph, S.M. Kim, S. S Lee, A. Dominic, K.B. Lee, “Boost multi-level NPC-fed VS large rated asynchronous pumped storage hydro-generating unit,” IET Electric Power Applications, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 1488-1496, October 2019.
8) A. Joseph, T. R. Chelliah, S. S. Lee, and K. Lee, “Reliability of Variable Speed Pumped- Storage Plant,” Electronics- MPDI, vol. 7, no. 10, pp. 1-14, Oct. 2018.
9) S. S. Lee, Y. Bak, S. Kim, A. Joseph and K. Lee, “New Family of Boost SwitchedCapacitor 7-Level Inverters (BSC7LI),” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 34, no. 11, pp. 10471-10479, Nov. 2019.
10) R R Semwal, R Selvaraj, K Desingu, T.R Chelliah, and A. Joseph “Two Stage Protection for Multi-Channel Power Electronics Converters-Fed Large Asynchronous Generating Unit,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 59475959, Nov.-Dec. 2019.
Post-Doc Fellowship (Since Dec 2018)
Post-doctoral Fellow in University of California, Office of the President Grant, USA (Dec 2018 – Till now)
Travel Grant Award
Travel grant award to attend 19th International Seminar on Hydropower Plants (Vienna Hydro 2016), during November 08 – 11, 2016 (Austria) from Alumni Travel Grant, IIT Roorkee, India.
PH. D Fellowship (2015 – 2017)
PH.D fellowship from THDC India Limited, India for pursuing Ph.D. degree at IIT Roorkee. (THD-811-WRC)
Scored Centum in Mathematics in SSLC Public Board Exam, Tamilnadu.
Discussion on variable speed pumped storage plant with Central Electricity Authority of India – International R&D Conclave, India.
anto iitr (Skype ID)